The Middle Georgia Consortium, Inc. is the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) grant administrator for the Executive Committee of Local Elected Officials (LEOs) and the local area business-led Middle Georgia Workforce Development Board (MGWDB). Baldwin County government serves as our fiscal agent and receives federal funding to support workforce development in our local area which includes Baldwin, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs and Wilkinson counties.
The Consortium has been assisting Middle Georgians since 1974 and has successfully helped thousands of individuals receive the education, training and support they need to begin successful careers and secure employment in the labor market.
We offer services to:
- Adults - persons who receive public assistance, considered low-income by set WIOA guidelines, who may be unemployed/under employed and/or possess certain barriers to employment.
- Dislocated Workers/Displaced Homemakers – persons who are out of work because of a layoff or permanent plant closing.
- Workers With Disabilities – persons who may possess physical or mental limitations to employment.
- Veterans – persons who have served in any branch of the military service and are classified as veterans and active duty service members who are separating and transitioning from active military duty.
- Ex-Offenders – persons who have in the past been subject to any stage of the criminal justice system.
- Migrant and Seasonal Farm Workers – persons who work in the agriculture industry who have experienced chronic unemployment and underemployment.
- Youth – persons who are age 16-24 interested in receiving their GED, post-secondary education, or work experience to help them develop soft skills needed in the work environment.
The Middle Georgia Consortium, Inc./WorkSource Middle Georgia presents a "Virtual One-Stop Orientation" in which partners of the American Job Center share information about their various programs.
Give the Middle Georgia Consortium a call today at (478) 953-4771 or 1-800-537-1933.